Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good for Nothing Bad

I'm starting a new philosophy
It's called good for nothing bad
I'm tired of hearing gunshots
As the cries grow worse than sad

I'm raising my fist in defiance
I can't stand more blood spilled
While they fight for freedom
And get mercilessly killed

And others just want to help
Take a step to extend a hand
Guns are nonetheless directed
And they get buried underground

And the earth is slowly dying
While we waste our lives away
We're warned 'bout global warming
Yet we shrug and have nothing to say

So let's start a new philosophy
We're good for nothing bad
Let's take a stand against violence
With the armor of peace, get clad

Yes, everyone will die someday
Of that I know for certain
But 'tis no reason to waste life away
And someday drown in regret and pain

Life is short and yes we know that
Don't let it be good for nothing
Don't let your final days be 
Of endless guilt and suffering

So the good Lord help me stand up
Raise my fist against inhumanity
Give me a voice to shout in anger
Give me justice, fairness and equality

And let these words be open-ended
Such that others may write more lines
Of every principle they want to stand for
As they break out of their confines

No comments:

Post a Comment